Close

Threaded View

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
    I have 4 flashforges set up like this. It works ... kinda, I have issues with big files. The best thing I can think of is to not use mapped drives, but rather, dump the gcode 3xg files into a single directory and write a script to load the last written file to a network path - this keeps windows from accessing the drive when the printer is printing - which I think is a very valid concern - if the sd card is tied up talking with windows, the 3d printer controller may have an issue reading.

In the end, I'll likely write a program to manage printing - then again, I'll likely roll my own solution with a combination of optoprint controllers and flashair cards and a windows program to roll it all together - so I can manage afleet of printers.
    Interesting, I've not run into any problems with big files yet, but I've only completed 9 or 10 prints using this method. At what size and what problems are you seeing with this mapped drive method? How long have you been using this method?

I just thought of a test to see what locks, if any, the firmware is placing on the files being used. I suspect there are no locks and hence the possibility of problem, just not sure of what those problems are. I've written/deleted both files and folders while the machine was printing, and rebooted the machine with the mapped drive, also let it sleep and have not seen any disruptions in the printer. I have not however messed with the current file being printed.
    Last edited by ServiceXp; 01-10-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling