Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
My solution is to use the Maghold plate and glue the glass to the top of the spring steel. It works well, except for my Maghold plate was warped. Putting a glass plate on top of the Maghold helped but I used 1/8" glass and it could bend just enough to follow the warp of the Maghold plate. I shipped my Maghold plate back yesterday to be replaced. I hope the replacement is more flat.
Do you use the shims in https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1427953 with the glass-steel-Maghold sandwich? I plan to try the 1/4" boro. Did you get the replacement Maghold plate and was it flat? I bought one of their PEI/Ultem sheet (.03") sandwiched to steel assys through Amazon. When the PEI plate arrived there was a large (aluminum?) shaving sandwiched between the Ultem and the two-sided adhesive tape holding the PEI to the steel. The PEI bulged up over that area. I am in the process of returning/replacing it. So far I've just been using PLA on the untreated Maghold Buildtek surface and that has been working.