My new QIDI printer seems to be doing fine. I've been mostly printing out misc upgrades like hole filler plugs and wingnut knobs etc. Lot's of new stuff to scope out. Attempted my first original project and made a headphone hanger for my desk. Autocad Inventor to S3D to QIDI. The dimensions of the printed object came out surprisingly close on the first try and it even works. I inset and glued in some small magnets to hold the bracket in place against the steel frame. (Hopefully the pic I've embedded in this post works.) Definitely a dead simple object, but darn, from zip to physical reality in an hour! I am seriously encouraged by how straightforward the whole process chain can be.

Some noob questions:
Up to this point I have only been using PLA, and only in the right nozzle. I have yet to unload and reload any filament. Do I use the "filament unload" function on the QIDI? What is the time sequence of physical action I should perform with respect to the tension release lever on the print head and reverse tension on the filament? Any tips/techniques?

I