Quote Originally Posted by SteveW25561 View Post
Actually, it worked out really well. I did all 16 links, but I see the issue with the tall items. It turned out fine since the stringing was easy to remove, and the part on the right that had the adhesion issue wasn't used. I'm just trying to figure out a way to avoid stringing, beyond the most obvious solution is to move tall parts together so the head doesn't have to travel over a large open distance as much.

In my printer, I used 3M outdoor doublesided foam tape (like the automotive stuff) to attach the chain start to the lower right front of the casing since the cable holder screw bolt was too short,a nd it was impossible to thread the nut back on. It's holding extremely well and this stuff is rated for outdoor, hot and cold exposure. I figure it'll be OK since there isn't much traction on it and the screw does sit right in the hole, providing some minimal support.
I concur with rcleav. Whenever I print multiple parts at a time, I see more stringing, but nothing as extreme as what you've got there. Note that the tall parts will be printing long after the smaller parts are done, meaning the print head will be traveling among those parts exclusively for many layers. My advice would be to print each of the tall parts separately. If you're having minimal trouble with the smaller parts, you can print them all at once or split them up among the taller prints.

I run my QIDI-supplied orange PLA at 200°, and it's been pretty smooth for me. If only I could get the white ABS to run so smoothly! I've only just started to play with it, but my first calibration cube did not come out too well. I'll post something later if I need advice.

By the way, nice idea with the magnets!