Close

Threaded View

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I don't do straight. I can't cut straight and I can't drill straight so I would need a DP.
    If you have a dremel and a 3d printer (which it sounds like you do but I can't quite figure out if you're talking from experience or research) you should print this - Drill press for a Dremel

You could also make a jig out of wood/plastic/etc. for a regular handheld battery powered drill if needed. All you need is a little ingenuity and you should be able to easily countersink those holes in 15 minutes or less after obtaining the proper bit and creating a jig that has the travel you want for the depth of the countersink.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    The goal at work is to have a printer that can print exotic materials such as Tungsten and Bismuth loaded filament.. We already have 3 Stratasys uPrint SE Plus printers which are our work horses but material wise they don't have many options. We have a Makerbot Replicator 2X at work but it is just a piece of junk, I've spent 3 weeks trying to get it to print correctly and I'm still having problems. So I've given up on the Makebot and going to try the Qidi which I've been very happy with at home.

On a side note we have many Mechanical engineers at work that utilize the Stratasys printers, but I'm very proud of having the record for the longest printing project. I designed some test boxes which took 2 printers 5 weeks to complete with near constant printing. My project was the reason we purchased the 3rd printer.
    Very cool, thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by cncartist; 04-21-2016 at 01:12 PM.