Ug Blender? lol Powerful tool, horrid interface.

If you want to do any real CAD you have to get away from Blender or Maya type programs.

Fusion 360 is really good and their sculpting tools are awesome as well. Onshape would have been good, but their pricing model isn't as competitive as Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
I would suggest Blender.
i have used ALOT of different CAD/rendering software....SketchUp, 3DMax, Maya, just about everything made by Autodesk...
Blender is by far the MOST bang for your buck...since its FREE! Not only that but its an easy(ish) to use software suite. There are a HUGE number of online tutorial type resources, and a near endless number of plugins to extend its functionality.
It also has the simplest most streamlined UV wrap/unwrap workflow of any software I have ever used. This is not directly helpful for 3D printing, but is VERY important if you ever decide to couple a vinyl cutter with your printer.

As for learning the software check out Blender Cookie, its huge online tutorial depository.

edit:
By the way, just ordered some of that new FDA food safe and dishwasher safe PLA from MakerGeeks, should be here today or tomorrow if anyone is curious about it.