Close

Threaded View

Don't buy one ! Simple !

And regarding the website you googled it is misleading and paraphrases the actual law. If you read the actual European Directive 1999/44/EC to which the website interprets, it would state that you do have a period of two years in which to make a claim for a defect - in fact it's actually 6 years in the UK under the Sale of Goods Act (member states can afford their own greater consumer protection), however this does not mean that you have 2 years full warranty. It means that you have 2 years in which to file a claim for a defect that was present at the time of manufacture or for a beach of initial contract. In the case of the manufacturing defect the consumer is obliged under any pursuing claim to be able to prove that the defect occurred within the first 6 months. That is EU law. In the UK as I say the time limit for a claim is 6 years whilst this would ordinarily be in respect of the goods being "fit for purpose".

Honestly I'm not here to argue but one of the things I acknowledge is that no one has the answers to all questions - as just highlighted. For this reason I think we should all exercise more constraint in our opinions and be less judgemental of others.

I really am leaving now
    Last edited by jayceekeys; 03-07-2014 at 02:41 AM.