Close

Threaded View

After zortrax just recently disabled the "orders and shipping" forum section because numerous discussions they did not like to be public some users decided to post questions elsewhere:

Before it gets deleted here is a copy:

user kazz911

1. We are sitting on beta software - with no updates in a long long time - and no progress reports at all. It has been > 1 1/2 months since last update - and we still can't auto calibrate the printer - and need to switch it on/off after each print to keep the heated bed hot.

2. We have been promised ability to buy spare parts - nothing has happened.
    3. A mock up of a "Enclosure" to keep temperature stable was promised for just after Chinese new year
    4. Delivery of PC ABS?
    5. [edit] Almost forgot - 2nd extruder support - [ quote from Zortrax december "Dual Extruder upgrade is almost finished - we have a few cosmetic fixes. We can't promise a date but should be February or March"]
    I'm just feeling that Zortrax does not care about us at all - or have other more "pressing issues"
    I'm not far from putting my M200 up for sale - only due to complete lack of response(ability) shown from Zortrax. I only bought because they "used to be" very responsive.
    I don't know if you feel the same. But I'm feed up with having a 1/2 functional printer.
    Hi Julia, I, among other things, do ARM micro-controllers for a living... 6 weeks is a LONG time when customers are already all on beta test "firmware" (lets be true - and call it Alpha test - beta test is reserved for "Feature complete and thought to be bug free" releases. Alpha release are releases with known bugs that are not feature complete. - most companies have forgotten the definitions though and call everything beta)
    Small Issues:
    1. Sensor connector for the heated bed - is not really meant to be unplugged a lot. I don't have the spec sheet for that exact connector - but I would guess it is designed for max 200-500 disconnects. I don't have any good ideas on how to solve it - but I would stock a spare sensor cable and heated bed
    6 weeks is a long time to fix a stupid bug like heated build plat "reset needed" - things like that should be fixed same week it is reported. I'm not complaining that I can't print in higher / lower resolution. But I do want my printer to be able to run without I have to turn it on / off all the time. I also want that auto calibration. Those two issues are important. Next is the print quality - that should be better on the underside of prints. Rest - fine that they are not implemented right now - but a bit of openness would be nice - like this is our "release plan" - without dates on it.

Please remember - I did NOT buy as a Kickstarter. I bought after Kickstarter printers started shipping - and this forum was band new. Things happened quickly - lots of updates - and a reasonable amount of openness.
    Now it is all about "closing" everything off - download of manual need serial number entry, no communications about what is going on. I think Zortrax think they are Microsoft. But again - that is just attitude. Right now Zortrax can not rely on me for recommendations - I tell people to stay far away at least until the brochure listed features are completed.
    I don't know what I'll buy - but I think I'll go back to Ultimaker. At least they fix their bugs within reasonable short time (<2 weeks after I report a bug) - for indoor things I have gone back to using my Ultimaker I - since the lower surfaces look a lot nicer. Now I only use the Zortrax for outdoor stuff that has to be ABS.

Last edited by huberbobas; 03-22-2014 at 01:30 PM.