Close

Page 32 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    The blue thing by the Z Axis is my shim.shim.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    The blue thing by the Z Axis is my shim.shim.jpg
    OHHHHH...
    I thought it actually lowered the mounting platform.

So you actually lose a bit of build height with this set up correct?
    If thats the case wouldn't it be better to make a bracket to raise the limiter switch to match thickness of glass??

No you really can't go any higher. You will run into the extruder carriage which is at a fixed height.
    Yes you do lose a 1/4" of build height.

Engineer-in-Training
    This blue pad on the heat plate, should I remove that from the plate to use the glass?

Using just the back half of the plate I was able to print rather nice edge clips and a z-shim. Since I am still having leveling issues I went with a 5mm shim rather than a 1/4" one. Should give me the wiggle room I need to level the entire plate.
    Took me 2 tries to get a shim though. The first one had alot of warping on the 2 curved prong bits. Second print I did on a raft and it is damn near perfect.

Does anyone use ABS slurry on glass? Can it be used as bonding agent for materials other than ABS?

I use ABS slurry on glass, works great! You don't need too much

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I also tried it and had the same problem.
    It was written for an older machine that doesn't have the cooling fan on the left side of the extruders for print cooling.
    I played around with the X coordinate in the startup script and found if I change it to -110 it does not hit the left side and grind. This really doesn't make sense to me because I opened up the manual control in Simplify3D and moved the head to X-130 and it did not hit but running the startup script X-130 does hit. There must be an offset somewhere that I'm not seeing. Need further investigation.

Here is the what I changed the "Move to wait position off table" line to:

Code:
    G1 X-110 Y-75 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    This blue pad on the heat plate, should I remove that from the plate to use the glass?
    Does anyone use ABS slurry on glass? Can it be used as bonding agent for materials other than ABS?
    I did since I damaged it getting prints off.
    I use Aquanet Hair spray purple can Walmart has it for less then $2 much safer then acetone and not as messy.
    It works on every material I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I played around with the X coordinate in the startup script and found if I change it to -110 it does not hit the left side and grind. This really doesn't make sense to me because I opened up the manual control in Simplify3D and moved the head to X-130 and it did not hit but running the startup script X-130 does hit. There must be an offset somewhere that I'm not seeing. Need further investigation.

Here is the what I changed the "Move to wait position off table" line to:

Code:
    G1 X-110 Y-75 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    I did exactly the same thing last night and came to the same conclusion.
    Last edited by rcleav; 02-27-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I did exactly the same thing last night and came to thew same conclusion.
    Great minds think alike.

Engineer-in-Training
    Well, got my glass mounted. Using the 5mm shim as opposed to the 1/4in shim has done exactly what I wanted, and I can now level the entire buildplate to damn near perfection as per a feeler gauge.

Have done a few good prints today, and a couple not so good. The detail Im getting now is very pleasing, and I have yet to try something at .1 layer height.
    One of the things I tried and failed was the Agility BH out of the Fallout4 bobblehead pack on Thingiverse. The print came out really well, considering I ran it with ABS rather than PLA (oops lol). The issue that ruined the print is the arm the figure stands on broke off. And it seems to have done so mid print for no reason at all.

I broke my phone today, so wont be till later (when my wife gets home) that I can get a decent pic.

Now my machine is working the fun part starts! Wasting countless pounds of material trying to figure out what I'm doing. SO many settings that can be adjusted, many of that have huge impact it seems. The machine is by far (to me) the least technical aspect of 3D printing.

Really enjoying my Qidi machine =)

Page 32 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast