Close

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    I don't think so on that one... But if a pull request has been submitted by alvuis then there is no real reason for them to not commit it

edit:

there was a pull request for z raise after probing that had not been merged last night. It has been merged as of this morning so with that everything should be merged in.
    Last edited by sniffle; 03-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    I don't think so on that one... But if a pull request has been submitted by alvuis then there is no real reason for them to not commit it

edit:

there was a pull request for z raise after probing that had not been merged last night. It has been merged as of this morning so with that everything should be merged in.
    Uhh...yeah. I'm probably going to wait a bit before telling people to pull and use that firmware. The comments at the end of the issue thread are not super encouraging:

I'll probably keep my own fork active for the time being. I get a lot of questions about ABL and double extruder setup and most of the folks I help aren't ready to jump into the tip-of-master fray on an active development project. Once things settle down, I may rebase onto the active Marlin tree.

I wrote up some instructions to try to address the repeated questions about firmware setup:

Comments are always appreciated.

I never said I was using it I just saw that it was merged :-D

Student
    Follow avluis On Twitter Add avluis on Google+ Add avluis on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Uhh...yeah. I'm probably going to wait a bit before telling people to pull and use that firmware. The comments at the end of the issue thread are not super encouraging:
    I'll probably keep my own fork active for the time being. I get a lot of questions about ABL and double extruder setup and most of the folks I help aren't ready to jump into the tip-of-master fray on an active development project. Once things settle down, I may rebase onto the active Marlin tree.

I wrote up some instructions to try to address the repeated questions about firmware setup:
    Comments are always appreciated.
    I have to say I agree with this - a few bugs are cropping up from all the merges without prior testing of possible configurations.
    It's getting a bit annoying actually.
    I believe they are also separating non-configurable defines in the Configuration.h file (that should not have been in there in the first place) into a separate file - so far they haven't moved out anything that should not be moved (with new coders comes new methodology, sometimes bad for an Open Source project like Marlin).

--

I like the firmware page, it's a really good page to get people started.
    All (I believe) we need now is a good slic3r config page for dual extrusion - meaning;
    What should I have on my starter g-code?
    Should I put the X offset in the firmware or slic3r?
    Which extruder should I be using for support and/or perimeters?
    Should I be using ooze prevention?
    Etc.
    Last edited by avluis; 03-24-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Got the itty bitty installed finally. Next up get everything plugged into the Ramps and switch over the firmware. Already set up a double spool holder. I used molex plugs for the connections, I could plug my old extruder back in if I needed to.

Terrible cell phone pic:

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    Got the itty bitty installed finally. Next up get everything plugged into the Ramps and switch over the firmware. Already set up a double spool holder. I used molex plugs for the connections, I could plug my old extruder back in if I needed to.

Terrible cell phone pic:

That's looking great. Is that a surface plate? Overkill is underrated.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    What's on the floor is a piece of 3/8" borosilicate from McMaster - for those times when nothing but flat as f___ will do.

The "workbench" is a beat down end table from Ikea.

I do have a granite plate in the shop which I glue sandpaper to and use for sharpening.

Quote Originally Posted by avluis View Post
    I have to say I agree with this - a few bugs are cropping up from all the merges without prior testing of possible configurations.
    It's getting a bit annoying actually.
    I believe they are also separating non-configurable defines in the Configuration.h file (that should not have been in there in the first place) into a separate file - so far they haven't moved out anything that should not be moved (with new coders comes new methodology, sometimes bad for an Open Source project like Marlin).

--

I like the firmware page, it's a really good page to get people started.
    All (I believe) we need now is a good slic3r config page for dual extrusion - meaning;
    What should I have on my starter g-code?
    Should I put the X offset in the firmware or slic3r?
    Which extruder should I be using for support and/or perimeters?
    Should I be using ooze prevention?
    Etc.
    Yeah. The slic3r page is on my list of things to write. Also wiring connections.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    What's on the floor is a piece of 3/8" borosilicate from McMaster - for those times when nothing but flat as f___ will do.

The "workbench" is a beat down end table from Ikea.

I do have a granite plate in the shop which I glue sandpaper to and use for sharpening.
    I use a granite surface plate to to check brushless motor shafts for straightness after unplanned "landings". My RC planes have this annoying habit of sometimes trying to fly underground.

im very familiar with this trend....
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I use a granite surface plate to to check brushless motor shafts for straightness after unplanned "landings". My RC planes have this annoying habit of sometimes trying to fly underground.

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast