Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
do you really need a password for that? nothing can be clicked on or used so there is no real point. you can setup a webpage that you can password that only shows tge raw stream... but i'm not sure how to go about it.
Yeah, I really would like a password for viewing. The main reason is that I don't want unfettered access to real-time build streaming of proprietary new designs I'm working on. But I still want to be able to remotely view the print in progress for myself (and anyone I trust to view the live stream). Not a really big deal I guess, but would be a nice feature.

The controlled access website is a good idea and maybe when I get some time I'll look into that.

The easy workaround is to change the streaming port address and forwarding so it doesn't work for the people that accessed it earlier and just change the port back if I want to grant them access. Not nearly as elegant as a simple password access to viewing though. But it's effective. I also have to be careful to remove timelapse videos before I give access since that is unrestricted for guest downloads also.

But the above being said, Octoprint has far exceeded my expectations and I can't imagine not having it now.