Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    With having a newer printer, with the motors that don't get hot, are the Kysan motors something to consider later on?
    Probably not, unless perhaps if one of your motors dies. If that be a Z-motor, I'd replace both to keep them the same. An advantage of using the Kysan is you'd at least have the full specs for the motor available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    Any chance you may be able to provide links to the replacement rods and nuts you ordered? I bent the tops of mine trying to get them into the clear plastic tubing the first time around and would like to swap em.
    I cut them myself from 1-meter stainless steel rods obtained through Grainger - their P/N 25DM77. I use Grainger for as much hardware as I can since stuff gets shipped for no charge to the local Grainger store. Can't imagine what the shipping cost would have been on the four-foot tube my $2.60 USD threaded rod came in. SS nuts from the local Ace Hardware were used. I see the rods are now $2.70 USD. Must have been a price increase at the beginning of the year.
    Last edited by printbus; 01-15-2015 at 01:53 PM.