[QUOTE=JacobysOne;3418]This is something that bothers me quite a bit. In a recent poll, asking is the Government should prohibit people from making a working gun with a 3D Printer, the results in my opinion are a bit surprising.

How were the questions of this "Pole" written for the "American People" to answer? I always wonder who takes these poles and how qualified at anything they really are.

I can't figure out all the Hoopla over this deal. A zip gun is anything that you can make from any material which still must use a cartridge or bullet that is metal and has gun powder and a primer and a bullet. That metal thing called a bullet makes this detectable.
The thought that a plastic printed gun is somehow a new thing is to me ridiculous.
Anyone can fashion a gun from plastic but it's not necessarily going to work.
Still you must need a bullet that will fire and a firing pin too which is plastic.

This whole debate is stupid and a waste of time and a waste of time for Congress as well.

If you print a lower for an AR-15 from a CAD model for an AR-15 that is designed for machined or forged Aluminum you will not
have a structurally sound product. It can't be structurally sound because you took a part meant for aluminum and printed it with weak PLA or the like.

Convicts don't need a printer, they have Fast and Furious to give them any gun they want for free. LOL

Again, this whole debate is a joke. Spend time on useful things instead. That's my two cents.

Make love not war!