Quote Originally Posted by Amateur Maker View Post
I haven't seen another printer with a heated bed for under $200. The smallish size (6" x 6" x 8") doesn't bother me, it takes up less room and my initial prints are not likely to be larger than that. I do expect to outgrow the printer, and I expect to have multiple printers in the long run. The reviews I've seen show a really high print quality despite having a less fine print resolution than more expensive printers. It uses the same print head (extruder?) as the CR-10 series.

Ender 2 is currently $175 here, with $10 off for Easter weekend for a final price of $165. That's a whole lotta bang for very few bucks. My only concern is that I know nothing about the site, but I do know enough to avoid Gearbest like it's the plague. Still, I can get it for $215 at TinyMachines3d, and they are extremely reliable.

Now I'm a big fan of comparison shopping, so if anyone has a printer in the $200 range with a heated bed and it has reviews from multiple reviewers showing a high print quality, I'm interested in seeing them.

On a personal note, I've been unemployed for 10 months out of the past 24 and I'm still playing a bit of catch up on the finances. I'm almost certainly going to miss the Easter sale on this beast.

Edit:
I've mentioned good reviews several times, I thought I'd post one of them. In this YT review the reviewer has problem and has to perform some very inexpensive repairs on his new printer. But with no/minimal modifications it appears to my untrained eye be printing beautifully.

https://youtu.be/vJCa_Gasdyw
My first printer was the Monoprice Select Mini v2 (aka Maylan 200). I have to say it has been a really awesome little work horse.

Today my Tronxy X5S arrived. I got it on flash sale for $239 and free shipping so I am hoping if I study all the upgrade videos and take all the advice here that it will turn out to be a decent hobby printer for making cosplay stuff and car parts (which the Monoprice was excellent at). oh please oh please be worth the $$ lol

Passing down my Mini to my son in hopes it motivates him like it did me.