Close

Threaded View

I haven't seen another printer with a heated bed for under $200. The smallish size (6" x 6" x 8") doesn't bother me, it takes up less room and my initial prints are not likely to be larger than that. I do expect to outgrow the printer, and I expect to have multiple printers in the long run. The reviews I've seen show a really high print quality despite having a less fine print resolution than more expensive printers. It uses the same print head (extruder?) as the CR-10 series.

Ender 2 is currently $175 here, with $10 off for Easter weekend for a final price of $165. That's a whole lotta bang for very few bucks. My only concern is that I know nothing about the site, but I do know enough to avoid Gearbest like it's the plague. Still, I can get it for $215 at TinyMachines3d, and they are extremely reliable.

I'm a big fan of comparison shopping, so if anyone has a printer in the $200 range with a heated bed and it has reviews from multiple reviewers showing a high print quality, I'm interested in seeing them.

On a personal note, I've been unemployed for 10 months out of the past 24 and I'm still playing a bit of catch up on the finances. I'm almost certainly going to miss the Easter sale on this beast.

Edit:
    I've mentioned good reviews several times, I thought I'd post one of them. In this YT review the reviewer has problems and has to perform some minor troubleshooting and inexpensive repairs on his new printer. But with no/minimal modifications it appears to my untrained eye be printing beautifully.

https://youtu.be/vJCa_Gasdyw
    Last edited by Amateur Maker; 03-30-2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Grammar and Additional info