Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
I am missing something....

What is the point of these Vref changes?
It changes the power being fed to the stepper correct? But why? The motor is still gonna do the same steps per input wont it?

Because you are over driving the motors needlessly and they get so damn hot that the X motor actually burned me as if I were touching a skillet after 1.5 hours of printing (I never touched any of the other motors after that). With a RepRap you adjust a screw to as low as you can go before it skips and the motors are dead cool. A cool motor is a happy motor and lives a long life but lets not forget a motor that would bring a blister to a hand AND is attached to ABS is a double whammy waiting to happen.

Oh, and the stepper drivers on the Mightyboard are happier (cooler) too.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
I've been working on one of these https://folgertech.com/products/folg...3d-printer-kit
I's a kit and does have a few printed parts but I like the all extruded aluminum frame and corner pieces.
It comes with everything you need and is easily modified/upgradable. Price is hard to beat.

I have heard nothing but praise for that 2020 model except for the Acrylic bed holders. Replace those with metal if you use a heated bed.