Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
I've been running mine from a Raspberry Pi running Astroprint. I've been able to upload my files to the Pi over my network. Now my Pi is getting really slow and it is starting to take way too long to upload the files. Even when I SSH into to Pi it is really slow. I've looked into those Flash Air SD cards before and now I'm considering them again. I'll probably try to get Octoprint working before I go the Flash Air route.
Aye. I already know of two things I am going to design and print for this printer and I am going to design an extruder for my dead printer because the more I test the printer the more I think it could be the authentic J-Head. Since I can't remove that nozzle I will use a Chinese all metal I own to see. What I did was clip my glass to the front side so the glass was level and, of course, dead flat and depending on the filament it changed from non adhesion (even with hairspray) to acting like I used sandpaper on it as it printed.

See, this i3 Rework worked then one day BOOM it would never lay a nice first layer down and it got worse and worse. The only thing that I have not changed on this printer is the J-Head. The nice thing about having a working printer, like the Qidi, is I can print parts for the dead printer.

So, we will see and the card with wi-fi I just wonder how that would work? Does it just save the file on the card and I use the card like normal? All it is doing is saving me from having to insert, then remove, walk to the other side of the house, then insert, remove and walk back to the slicing computer each time? I think that is what it is doing which would be nice since inserting and removing so many times is not a good thing on the connectors.

For cooling parts can I wire another fan on the right side as well? Just parallel the two fans? Is it using a 24v fan since everything else is 24v?