Working with the Pronterface display is a bit difficult because the functions of the X and Y jogging buttons are counter-intuitive. Here's what I mean:

The home positions (0,0,0) on my print bed are at the right rear of the bed as shown in this picture:

Home Positions.jpg

and this is a screen shot of the Pronterface display with a file loaded. Notice how the toolpath starts in the lower left corner to move to the print area.

Pronterface interface.jpg

If I click the +X jogging button the extruder moves to the left, which is in the -X direction of the Cartesian plane. Likewise, if I click the +Y button, the bed moves to the rear of the printer, bringing the extruder to a -Y position.

For some reason, if I run some Gcode, such as this:

Gcode for servo arm.jpg

the print goes ahead quite happily, although it is being printed in the (-X, -Y) quadrant.

If I want to follow the print layer by layer, I have to take this view from Pronterface and rotate it 180 degrees so that the diagram displays the movements I and seeing on the print bed.

Layer 1 of print.jpg

My question is:

Is there any way I can modify Pronterface so that it when I click +X or +Y jog buttons the print bed moves in the positive direction relative to the Origin located at the right rear corner of the bed?

Old Man Emu