Close

Threaded View

Bed auto leveling works, but x/y axis are off with correct offset

I'm hoping someone might have an idea or answer to this problem. I technically know what is wrong, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I got my bed auto leveling working about a month ago, but when I first got it going, I was experiencing some bad offset problems. My Z probe offsets were (and still are) throwing off my X and Y axis, however the Z axis is working perfectly. I inverted the figured exactly like I was supposed to, but after auto leveling was done and the print began, it was shifting my X and Y axis exactly the same amount that I had in my configuration.h file for the Z probe offsets in the X and Y axis.

This would make my X 0 actually become X 33 and the Y 0 to become Y -11. So a print that would use the entire 200mm x 200mm bed would cause serious issues. My X carriage was crashing into the X motor mount because of the 33 shift and when trying to print around Y 0, I would experience a crash too. A print that would start around X 2 would start at X 35 because of this 33 offset. I finally figured out the Z probe offsets in the X and Y axis were causing the shift, so to remedy this problem temporary I ended up changing my Z probe offsets in the configuration.h file to 0 for both the X and Y axis, but my -5.7 offset for the Z axis was working perfectly, so I left that alone.

Now my printer is using the entire bed space without the mechanical crashes, but I have noticed that although this has fixed the print offset problem, my auto leveling has been thrown off because of it. Prints are being squished too much around X0-X33, while X167 -X200 are being messed up because the hotend is too far away from the bed. The same problem goes for the Y axis. The auto leveling is not adjusting because it is calculating everything based on thinking that my hotend is in the X and Y position that the actual z probe is. This basically is rendering my bed auto leveling as useless.

If I change the Z probe offsets back to the correct values for the real offset of the X and Y axis my auto leveling becomes accurate, but then I am back to the problem of my bed coordinates being shifted and not being able to use the entire 200mm x 200mm or else face certain mechanical crashing.

Does anyone have any idea at all what could be causing them. I am even open to trying any suggestions that this point because I am out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated

Configuration.h.
    I have included my configuration.h file just in case it might help. This is the current configuration I use to NOT experience the crashing but the auto leveling is bad off because of the 0 X and Y Z probe offset.

Almost forgot, the printer is an I3, not an I3V
    Last edited by Pronus; 09-14-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: left out info