Close

Threaded View

Before Zortrax placed their forum on maintenance mode (probably because they offering bonds and do not want investors to read their forum else their will not get their quick money) some users reported that they have received a printer with Z axis being simple trapezoidal screw, as you know a ball screw is used in zortrax.
    No forum announcement was made regarding ball screw change etc. Do you want to buy from company that changes major components when they want? And you discover this when you receive the printer?

First they removed the no maintenance IGUS bearings, now the ball screw. This machine is not worth the money.

Zortrax forum member Tivoli posted: "My new Zortrax came with trapezoidal screw. What is the reason you resigned to use the ball screw for z axis?"

This has been confirmed by few forum posts by Zortrax CEO Rafal, stating that:

"@Tivol, it's many reasons why we change it:
    1. Long delivery time, production has moved to 3-4 weeks.
    2. Difficult assembly and maintenace.
    3. We noticed several cases of damage Z coupler.
    4. A large number of poorly made screws that had to be returned to the manufacturer.
    5. In addition to the visual appearance there is no difference in print quality. The tests lasted almost half a year.

Best Regards,
    Rafal

"

I would like to note that zortrax print platform is removable and held by magnets, you can conveniently remove the platform and then remove your print. This avoids any debrief getting anywhere.

User smile noted that: "Repetitive movements that are reproducible call for a ball screw, everybody know this. Lead screws are for cheap equipment like hobby CNC made in china etc. Can I get a printer with ball screw? At least there should be an option to choose."

However this user was banned afterwards.

This is all facts that has happened, this not gossip.
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-30-2014 at 05:17 PM.