Close

Threaded View

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Why have you been turned off by the UM2. We got ours a few weeks ago and it has been been printing great daily. It has proven to be a great addition to our printer farm.
    No doubt it's a great machine, but for the price, I feel that there are better alternatives out there. Going back to the AW3D HD for example, with it's 12x8x12" build volume for just about the same price and without the 8-10week lead time. With the HD you're looking at about 3weeks, but nevermind the lead times... being that they're based in the U.S. support will be much easier to obtain, the jam-resistant hotend is highly rated, and I really like how they've set up ready-to-go profiles for different materials. That being said, there are also smaller companies that are producing very nice machines. Fusion3 for example (http://www.fusion3design.com/). 12x12x12" build volume, well built, all high quality parts, and the prints look fantastic. It too is the same price as the UM2... and after all of my research, it would probably be my first choice, if it weren't for the shipping cost. He ships LTL only, and to me it would be $330. While I think the machine is top notch, I can't justify the cost to have it delivered. That's not to say it isn't worth it, I'm just personally unwilling to part with that much just for delivery.

I've also been looking at Delta bots. Namely the Rostock Max V2 from SeeMeCNC. $1K for the kit... yes, it's a kit, but still worth a look. Though, the square build area would be pretty small, it would still be larger than the UM2's build area.

So, while I think the UM2 is a really nice machine, I think I can get more for my money elsewhere.
    Last edited by atoff; 03-23-2014 at 05:52 PM.