Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Makerbot Desktop.

This Past Tuesday, I closed the makerbot desktop on my pc, and tried to reopen it, but it does not open. I tried to uninstall and re-install it again, still not working. I have cleaned up the disk on my computer and reinstall it, nope, not opening. Any body have any suggestion, please advise me. Thanks.
    Last edited by Vmax; 11-13-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Engineer
    Check if the USB cable is faulty or the USB port is bad.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmax View Post
    This Past Tuesday, I closed the makerbot desktop on my pc, and tried to reopen it, but it does not open. I tried to uninstall and re-install it again, still not working. I have cleaned up the disk on my computer and reinstall it, nope, not opening. Any body have any suggestion, please advise me. Thanks.
    Thanks for response, but that's definitely not an issue here. I just cannot open the makerbot desktop app on my desktop. I click on the app, and nothing happens.

Student
    I have install the program so many times (makerbot desktop 3.3 the latest), but no result.

Engineer
    Do you have any other desktop or laptop you can try to install? Or install to another partition?

Student
    Unfortunately all my other 3D software, and files are on this computer, and I don't have any other computer available at this point. It's like there it's been hidden, or constantly gets blocked by another software. It working up until 2 day ago. The only thing I remember I did before closing it last time was that I forced it to shut down, then after that it stopped working.

Engineer
    It is then a software issue. Can you try to install on a virtual machine or another windows partition? How about safe mod boot?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmax View Post
    Unfortunately all my other 3D software, and files are on this computer, and I don't have any other computer available at this point. It's like there it's been hidden, or constantly gets blocked by another software. It working up until 2 day ago. The only thing I remember I did before closing it last time was that I forced it to shut down, then after that it stopped working.
    Makerbot Desktop accesses the server on launch, log you in, checks your library etc.. its an overbloated piece of dirt. Go back to Makerware before the desktop version, you'll thank me.

As for your issue., it sounds like you possibly have something blocking it (firewall?) but of course, makerware won't tell you that. Fantastic product. not.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    What is Makerware before desktop version? I have checked the firewall, and it's allowed. But, as far as blocking the program it might be true. It appears to getting blocked by some programs. I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I even did a register cleaning. Thanks for response.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Makerbot Desktop accesses the server on launch, log you in, checks your library etc.. its an overbloated piece of dirt. Go back to Makerware before the desktop version, you'll thank me.

As for your issue., it sounds like you possibly have something blocking it (firewall?) but of course, makerware won't tell you that. Fantastic product. not.
    Well, they had to write it... Instead of taking it from the Open Source Community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast