After some thought I realized I was not clear on my statement. There is an extrusion temperature range for filament, and usually filament extrudes easier at the higher end of the range. This can only be discovered through experimentation on your particular printer. Additionally, each thermistor varies, take a thermistor from my printer, and from your printer, both 100k, same brand, and they will have some variation in readings. Filament from different suppliers is going to vary to a certain amount also.

Therefore each printer should find the temperature that the particular filament they are using extrudes at. This does not mean extreme over temping, I stick to my original statement overall. The method that DrLuigi uses is best, increase the temperature by 5 degrees at a time until you find what works best. You should also keep notes.

In general, if you over temp by very much, the filament degrades, the heat travels up the filament, and after a few layers you have stripping, or what some think is clogging. It is not clogging, but the filament jamming in the feed tube. On top of the stripping, you release additional fumes, and we don't want that.