Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
Geoff, I believe you! But can you explain why this is? I don't know anything about this, but if it was a bed leveling issue, wouldn't it just go up at the wrong angle from the bed? Would it have that back and forth wobble to it? Is there something about how the Delta Printers do things that cause this? Right now I don't understand how that wobble can be because of a bed leveling issue.
You know what I don't think it is the bed level now, he should be seeing the zprobe scrape on the plate and he'd already know there was an issue there (ie the effector is not flat when extended to all edges of the build plate - if the effector tilts at all, this will cause this) but as I said he should have noticed that.

If one or more of his arms are even slightly out of length, when the head moves around, it will actually tilt the end effector off the horizontal axis, therefore tilting the nozzle when it gets to the outer edges of the plate.

On the firmware I used for my delta, the zprobe is automatically enabled, and even if the endstop is not there to tell it it hit the bed, it will still generate what it thinks is a safe set of G29 coordinates, it just does it a fair bit away from the plate thats all (instead of actually probing the plate and getting a genuine set of coordinates)

As far as that problem he has, im a bit baffled now, i'll see if I can mess my machine up and replicate it..