Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Help -> Bad & Unusual printing results

Hi,
    please help me with this.

sory for my grammar.

i calibrated my delta printer and printed some parts and started noticing a defect patern in the prints,..
    it is the same with ever print,.. on the bottom the print is great then it starts to pan out of alignment and gest back in alignment and thenn gets out again.. (see pictures)

is there anyone who has had the same problem and has fixed it,..

thank you for your time and help.

20140924_112033.jpg20140924_112122.jpg20140924_185028.jpg20140924_185048.jpg

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    This is simble bed levelling issue.

Do you have the Zprobe installed? I cannot see it in the photo.

I tried to run my Delta with no Zprobe, this was my result. My bed was glass fixed plate, no springs or anything and spirit level said was DEAD flat, but no...

I installed Zprobe, make sure run G28 before print to reset, also make sure you remove "Lift nozzle" from gcode on slicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    This is a simple bed leveling issue.
    Geoff, I believe you! But can you explain why this is? I don't know anything about this, but if it was a bed leveling issue, wouldn't it just go up at the wrong angle from the bed? Would it have that back and forth wobble to it? Is there something about how the Delta Printers do things that cause this? Right now I don't understand how that wobble can be because of a bed leveling issue.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Geoff, I believe you! But can you explain why this is? I don't know anything about this, but if it was a bed leveling issue, wouldn't it just go up at the wrong angle from the bed? Would it have that back and forth wobble to it? Is there something about how the Delta Printers do things that cause this? Right now I don't understand how that wobble can be because of a bed leveling issue.
    You know what I don't think it is the bed level now, he should be seeing the zprobe scrape on the plate and he'd already know there was an issue there (ie the effector is not flat when extended to all edges of the build plate - if the effector tilts at all, this will cause this) but as I said he should have noticed that.

If one or more of his arms are even slightly out of length, when the head moves around, it will actually tilt the end effector off the horizontal axis, therefore tilting the nozzle when it gets to the outer edges of the plate.

On the firmware I used for my delta, the zprobe is automatically enabled, and even if the endstop is not there to tell it it hit the bed, it will still generate what it thinks is a safe set of G29 coordinates, it just does it a fair bit away from the plate thats all (instead of actually probing the plate and getting a genuine set of coordinates)

As far as that problem he has, im a bit baffled now, i'll see if I can mess my machine up and replicate it..

Hi guys

thank you for all your help

Do you have the Zprobe installed? I cannot see it in the photo.
    i dont have it yet.
    Read on the net that there is no better calibration than old fashion paper method,...(don't know if this is true)

If one or more of his arms are even slightly out of length, when the head moves around, it will actually tilt the end effector off the horizontal axis, therefore tilting the nozzle when it gets to the outer edges of the plate.
    I have measured each rod and all have less then 1 mm tolerance.

Also the prints that i've done are all in the radius of 4 cm frome the center and the effector doesn't come close to the edge.

Is there something i can do (print something, or try something with the delta) to help you guys figure it out ?

Hi guys,

i decided to upload some more pictures,..
    did a nother print of a calibration tower,.. here are my results
    o.1 mm layer hight
    did some tweking to the frame and took more mesurments,... everything seem in order,.
    but the results are the same

20140925_105425.jpg20140925_105436.jpg20140925_105449.jpg20140925_105507.jpg20140925_105517.jpg

Here is a more early print of a solid object,...

Attachment 2816Attachment 2817

thank you for helping me,..

Hi, I may be completely wrong, but how tight are the 3 belts for each arm ? I read the maintenance manual of a delta recently and they had a special tool with a 2l bottle to make sure all 3 belts were at 2kg tension.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Hi, I may be completely wrong, but how tight are the 3 belts for each arm ? I read the maintenance manual of a delta recently and they had a special tool with a 2l bottle to make sure all 3 belts were at 2kg tension.
    I'm going to tension them today and get back to you with the results,...

Thank's for now

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    i'd like to see that, I have just been doing a "Twang test" with a guitar tuner and trying to get them to twang at the same key, I know a bit backwards but it seems to work for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast