Close

Question How to Fix Resin Prints Sticking To FEP Instead of Build Plate

Hey all!

First post here, please be gentle! The printer in question is an Anycubic Photon Mono X. It used to print fine, but recently I am increasingly having difficulty with prints sticking to FEP. This is a huge waste of time and money. Out of my last 5 build attempts, only 1 was successful (and subsequently, printing the same item a second time using the same settings, fails always). Its very discouraging.

Quick summary of what I have done/tried so far:

-Researched to discover others with similar experiences
    -Cleaned FEP with hot water and microfiber cloth. Wiped dry
    -Cleaned FEP with Alcohol, followed by water wash and dry
    -Lubed the FEP with PTFE Spray (This seemed to make the FEP feel stickier somehow?)
    -Replaced FEP (One article mentioned that the FEP needs to be able to flex, and suggested a 'method' for re-installation of replacement FEP)
    -After replacement of FEP tried several prints without PTFE lube. No difference
    -Using 120 grit sandpaper, Sanded (to rough up) the build plate
    -Tried several different resins each from different manufacturers, including different colors
    -Tried printing large and small objects (including tall and short, wide and narrow etc)
    -Adjusted bottom layer exposure (tried assorted values between 20-30s)
    -Adjusted amount of bottom layers
    -Adjusted normal layer exposure
    -Updated slicer software (grasping at straws)
    -Between each of these list items, I attempted a print to see if it fixed anything (zero improvement)

I would super appreciate any help, tips, tricks or advice anyone may be able to offer on this. I really enjoy 3d printing -- when I get to print

Did you figure it out? The biggest change I've made to get the resin to adhere to the build plate is to increase the bottom layer exposure. ANYCUBIC says 23 seconds, but that is not enough. I'm usually in the mid 30s to 60 sec with good luck so far. I am hearing the cured resin coming off the FEP sounding like velcro. I've seen people recommend WD-40 with PTFE, so I am buying some of that tonight to test it out. I hope you figured out your issues. Report back?