Close

Researchers 3D Print RRAM Memory on a Sheet of Paper

Think we will ever be able to 3D print an electronic device featuring memory, batteries, and external hardware? Well we just got a step closer thanks to research done by several Taiwanese scientists. They were able to 3D print 1 MB of RRAM memory on a single sheet of office paper. They did this by printing titanium dioxide as the insulator, and then silver as the electrodes. More details on this incredible accomplishment can be found here: http://3dprint.com/11347/3d-print-computer-memory/

Do you think we will one day be able to 3D print an entire working portable computer? Let's hear your thought.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    A computer? Why i have the impresión we might be having star treck "réplicators" on our homes on a decade or so, beam me up scotty

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Think we will ever be able to 3D print an electronic device featuring memory, batteries, and external hardware? Well we just got a step closer thanks to research done by several Taiwanese scientists. They were able to 3D print 1 MB of RRAM memory on a single sheet of office paper. They did this by printing titanium dioxide as the insulator, and then silver as the electrodes. More details on this incredible accomplishment can be found here: http://3dprint.com/11347/3d-print-computer-memory/

Do you think we will one day be able to 3D print an entire working portable computer? Let's hear your thought.
    I think we will see someone print out an 8086 or an older CPU for sure, the new ones- absolutely no way. No one is even close to them in tech, and by the time we are printing CPU's, they will be making processors that make our current ones look like a Commodore 64.

I saw someone virtually make a CPU before, in minecraft... so apply the same thing to a 3D printed item, its possible...

thanks to the internet, the day some genius does print his own CPU, i'm sure we'll all hear about it pretty quickly!

The future of newspaper ?