Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hi guys, just new here, interesting information.
    I have a specific problem with my new FF and cannot seem to find a solution. It worked perfectly yesterday but today the printer, not the software, keeps telling me there is only one extruder!

It will do so in any mode(with usb or without). So now what? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I would say it's either a loose connection from the machine wobbling or simply from transit. I had a broken pulley mount when I got mine delivered, they do take a beating. There is quite a few connections that are held in place with flat head screws,
    so you may just need to tighten something - failing that i'd be getting a multimeter out.

So, the first thing you want to do is open the bottom of the machine.

Of course, unplug first I don't want to hear you got zapped because I told you to open your machine...

Turn your machine on its side.

Undo the 1 screws and slide the bottom plate off, it's really simple.

Ok, now look at the next pic, you will see the ones highlighted.

I am not sure which side is which, they are just marked 1 and 2, but it doesn't take much to figure it out, disconnect one and see if yours says one extruder, and if it says none, then you know you need to work on the other side

I highly doubt you have an electronic fault. These machines have a good construction quality compared to other makerbot clones I've seen, and have not yet heard of a bad board, but hey there is a first time for everything so don't quote me on that.

Hopefully by tracing those wires coming from the extruder head you can sort it out - if it's saying no extruder, then it's possible the stepper just isnt connected properly. Check the plugs at the top of the machine also, the ones going into the stepper motor and make sure they are in properly.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-11-2014 at 04:27 AM.