Close

TRONXY XY-2 Cura Printer Settings

Hi all!

I am new to 3D printing and there is a ton to learn!

Cura was recommended to use as my slicing software. I have installed it, and of course my printer is not listed as an option. My printer is the TRONXY XY-2. It came with zero documentation and I am not sure what settings I shoudl use in Cura. I used what I thought was correct and tested a print. There seems to be an issue with the z-axis (up/down) since the nozzle starting position was a few mm above the bed. It doesn't seem that you can change a z-offset in Cura?

Hoping someone has this printer and help me ensure my settings are correct.
    Thanks
    Marc

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    You can change the 3D Printers Z-Offset using Cura M851 - XYZ Probe Offset in the Startup G-Code area.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 10-15-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks! So there is no way to set this in Cura prior to generating g-code? Or will I need to go into every g-code file and modify it? Also, I think I have a switch type probe and. I guess not sure how to determine this distance.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Setting M851 - XYZ Probe Offset in te Cura Startup G-Code area.
    In My version of Firmware can set the Z-Offset from the LCD display and save the settings.

Do not know what firmware you are using
    Though you should be able to do a M503 this will tell you the current settings, I am using a Raspberry pi with OctoPrint installed.
    As my 3D Printer is in a different room and not connected to my computer. Below is a sample of part of my M503.
    You will note that the third line down is M851 and demotes my settings.

Wanted to make a foot Note Here.

When I upgraded to Marlin 2 some time Ago had to forgo the use of M503 as not using it saved me enough memory to enable me to use the Marlin 2 versions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 12-02-2020 at 06:50 PM.