Close

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Already done :-)
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2386628

Currently printing the cable snake out of black flexismart. It's basically rubber tpu.
    When printing with super flexible rubber filaments up your extrusion rate to around 120-130 % and print real slow 10-15mm/s
    One of the features of flexismart is that it sticks to printbite like a limpet on steroids. So I can run the first layer at 100% speed and not need the nozzle that close to the printbed - and also don't need to heat the printbed.
    That pretty much goes for all tpus.

Only just fits on the printbed, if the bit that bolts to the strut wasn't angled to keep it away from the hotbed, I'd have to do it on the klic-n-print.
    flexismart is the cheapest rubber filament by quite a long way. Thats aid it's also the least stretchy and the weakest. It's probably the closest to tire rubber in surface feel, stiffer than ninjaflex and filaflex.

Useful for all sorts of things :-)
    Don't think it's available in the us yet. But polyflex is cheaper over there, so it evens out.

hanging spool below extruder is awkward as you've got to move the the wrapped extruders wires - well wrapped mine :-)
    Plus where my printer sits it just wouldn't fit.

As long as the cables aren't in the way - can't see why not though.

bendy cable snake looking quite good, Interesting to see how well it builds out the angled square. Probably shouldn't have gone for 0.3mm layer height.
    Probably should have added extra process just for that part.
    But I'm always in a hurry lol
    Ah well we'll see.
    You can't see the grooves that well in the picture, but they run along both sides and the top - hopefully it'll articulate at those points.

I've got a 50cm 3mm aluminium disc that's used in my portable balearic slinging target.
    Sized a 350 (actually 370 as you need screw holes to mount it) disc against that.
    Holy crap it's big ! lol

With a 350mm build plate you can actually fit a 100mm x 340 rectangle Or a 245x245 cube.
    That should be big enough, Figure I'll need some kind of run out of filament alarm thing as well
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-27-2017 at 11:57 AM.

this picture thing is weird.
    They show on the machine I upload them from. I;ll do it again in abit.

Technologist
    That cable snake thingy looks great, I might borrow the idea . Need to tidy cables on Dollo and looks like it's just what I need

I can drop you the openscad file if you like.

Not parametric and my scripting is 'individual'. But I'm going to post the stl file anyway, so it's not confidential :-)

Technologist
    Openscad file would nice, thanks.

Parametric stuff is nice when it's properly done, but I do like to see the actual code to understand what it actually does so I'm good with individual stuff

So what is it ?

pictures, power, cuttings size - you know informations :-)
    How on earth does it cut perspex ?

40 watts ! Bloody hell, don't stick your arm in there !
    It's water cooled.
    Suitable to rubber, plastic, crystal, Plexiglas, acrylics, bamboo and wooden, marble, granite,ceramic, glass, china, paper, garment, jade article, glass, shell and other non-metal materials.
    It'll etch glass !
    Cut 3mm perspex.
    That's a serious bit of kit !

Any chance of dropping the software across ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-30-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Just fitted the cable snake - yep that works :-)

I fixed the cable in at the bottom with a small black cable tie. Was going to do the same at the top - but doesn't seem to be necessary :-)

I'll upload stl and scad to thingiverse :-)
    Looks great in operation - moves back and forth. As i tunrs out I could actually have got away with a much steeper angle on the connector tab. Which would have printed cleaner.
    Who cares, it works :-)

I'll change it for the stl upload.

Changed it from 30 degrees to 50 - yep that'll print a lot easier :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-30-2017 at 12:53 PM.

cheers :-)
    well if you don't want the engraver I'll happily pay postage to ship it to me :-)

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast