Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi At least the last time I went through the servo leg approach, simply finding a servo that was temperature stable was a major chore. I wound up with a collection of servos that drifted between 30 and 90 degrees as the temp changed from room up to 100C on the bed. Even with the one I finally used the change was around 10 degrees between an 80C bed and a 110C bed. Not a lot of fun. I have been running my Pegasus for about six moths now. I find that it needs a re-level roughly every month or so. Each time it's off by at least 0.05 mm on a couple of points. Since that's half of a 0.1 mm layer ( or 1/4 of a 0.2) .. it's a big deal. Yes, I could over-extrude the bottom layer and make things less sensitive. I don't like ugly bottoms on parts ..... Bob
That was my concern with the servo arm and is the exact reason why I have not used it yet. I saw a video of the BL Touch the other day and loved the idea and design. While I have a month of of work, I thought I might as well try it and get it dialed in. If you use Nylon Lock Nuts on your bed, manual bed leveling should stay "level" for a while like you mentioned. Now if I switch to ABL/Mesh leveling, would you replace the springs on the bed with spacers?