As I go digging on the various dark corners of the internet, the BL Touch seems to get a *lot* of attention in terms of setting up the firmware. There are reams and reams of yack about this or that setting in this or that sub-sub-sub version of Marlin or some other firmware flavor. I see very little information on tuning the probe it's self. There also seem to be a number of pretty shaky looking mounts out there. Based on servo arm stuff, any mount that is not 100% stable will have issues. The next issue is information in general about just how far from the hot end *any* bed level probe can be. Closer is obviously better. I'd bet that one axis is more important than the other on this printer and less important on another printer design.

No, none of that is really news. It does explain to some degree why we all seem to be a bit confused about just how well this gizmo does or does not perform ....

Truth in lending: Yes, I have one on order. I'm on my 2,873 version of the extruder and mount. Only about 10% of those have made it to the "print it and see" stage .... at least that's the way it feels right now.

Bob