Quote Originally Posted by jebba View Post
They are not all printing the same thing. I don't think the record really matters whether it is the same thing or not. If it matters, we can easily do the same thing though, we just load the same file on every printer. In the video we are printing RepRap parts for our next generation TAZ. We've printed hundreds of thousands of parts. Printing some medallions simultaneously won't be hard--in fact, it will be easier.If you really want to see the nitty gritty of what we are printing, we have a LibreOffice spreadsheet of our current production batch here:
LulzBot TAZ Part Production
Thanks,
-Jeff
Fair enough, I havent actually checked up on the Guinness rules for such a thing, I suppose I was just saying it's not as impressive as them producing the same item, as all that is required to beat your record is simply plug in 1 more machine and run it (if they had as many as you guys do)

I'll keep looking out for the record for most printers printing an identical item, because unless each one comes out at a reasonable quality, what's the point of the record? Awesome you guys have so many printers, I mean who wouldn't kill for a line-up like that, but simply having them all running at the same time doesn't seem all that difficult, especially if they are printing different parts. Am I making sense? It's sort of like turning on 200 bubblejet printers and having them all print out a different image...

perhaps I need another coffee...