Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3D Printing Guinness World Record Try by LeTourneau University

On April 4th, LeTourneau University will try and set a new Guinness World Record for having the most 3d printers printing out the same object, all at the same time. 50 Printers total will be printing a commemorative coin.

http://3dprint.com/1902/letourneau-u...-world-record/

The University which requires all incoming freshman students to build their own 3D printer can accomplish this record because of that rule. The event is open to the public, and will start at 3PM in the Solheim Arena of the Solheim Recreation Center.

Sorry but, Aleph Objects, Inc. (makers of LulzBot 3D printers) breaks this record nearly every day. We have 135 printers....

-Jeff Moe

CEO Aleph Objects, Inc.
    Last edited by jebba; 04-01-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: formatting

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jebba View Post
    Sorry but, Aleph Objects, Inc. (makers of LulzBot 3D printers) breaks this record nearly every day. We have 135 printers....

-Jeff Moe

CEO Aleph Objects, Inc.
    You should call Guiness then, otherwise these guys will take your title.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    You should call Guiness then, otherwise these guys will take your title.

Agreed. For starters, we're going to upload a youtube video of our present cluster running. We have some of our previous iterations there. When done (which should be by sometime tomorrow), it will land here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LulzBotVideo/videos

Thanks,

-Jeff
    Last edited by jebba; 04-03-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Hey Jeff, got your email. Been so busy here in New York at the convention that's going on. I would recommend you try and get in contact with Guinness on this. See what they say to do. Oftentimes they make new categories, and this may be the case. For instance someone just applies for a category and Guinness then creates it and allows them to be the first. You can quickly steal the title from them I assume

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Hey Jeff, got your email. Been so busy here in New York at the convention that's going on. I would recommend you try and get in contact with Guinness on this. See what they say to do. Oftentimes they make new categories, and this may be the case. For instance someone just applies for a category and Guinness then creates it and allows them to be the first. You can quickly steal the title from them I assume

We have a booth at the convention! Stop by.

Ya, we went to the Guiness site and they have a special form for businesses setting a record. We'll work through that process and see what the deal is.We should have the video up in a few hours. We shot it yesterday, the video editor is just putting a counter on it right now.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Aleph Objects, Inc. 3D Printer World Record?

Here is a recording of our 3D printer cluster running 109 machines:

109 LulzBots

If you know of anyone that has done more, let us know!

Happy hacking,

-Jeff

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Are they all printing the same thing though? I imagine the record is based on all of them producing an identical item, and then counting the results and seeing how many prints succeeded at the end, otherwise it is no real challenge or record to simply turn on all your machines at once.

Thanks for the Post Jeff. Nice talking to you guys today in New York. I have embedded the video below. Looks you you have pretty much blew away the record attempt of 50, before they even got to try. Should be interesting to see how Guinness handles this:

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Are they all printing the same thing though? I imagine the record is based on all of them producing an identical item, and then counting the results and seeing how many prints succeeded at the end, otherwise it is no real challenge or record to simply turn on all your machines at once.
    They are not all printing the same thing. I don't think the record really matters whether it is the same thing or not. If it matters, we can easily do the same thing though, we just load the same file on every printer. In the video we are printing RepRap parts for our next generation TAZ. We've printed hundreds of thousands of parts. Printing some medallions simultaneously won't be hard--in fact, it will be easier.If you really want to see the nitty gritty of what we are printing, we have a LibreOffice spreadsheet of our current production batch here:
    LulzBot TAZ Part Production
    Thanks,
    -Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast