Quote Originally Posted by MeoWorks View Post
OR you can simply take your first print and cast it to a workable material such as wax and make your adjustments there and then use that wax master to make resin copies. It takes work, but hey, nothing is easy.
Hi.
I've already talked about post-processing and why I don't see how that will work for the things I mentioned. In short: try to use acetone vapor or sandpaper to get a good quality results on things which have symmetry (most of what I mentioned does).

I'm just rambling now but it just seems like you expect these printers to be mini factories that'll do all the work for you. It's just a tool
Not really what I'm expecting.
You can technically use a screwdriver instead of a hammer. They're "just tools", right? I hear this statement a lot, not just here, but in computer software and any hardware. They're all just tools, but there's a reason why so many musical artists use Ableton Live and graphics artists use Photoshop. It doesn't all depend on the artist, the tool has to be good too. Yes, you can create a masterpiece in Microsoft paint, but it isn't practical. I'm a 3d modeller btw, I don't expect the 3d printer to do the work for me, I'm spending my time and using my skills to design the objects in 3d, design them in the best possible way for the 3d printer, because I understand how 3d printers work, how to operate them and all that. I don't just expect to press print as you can see.