Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    My printer has shipped and should be here on Monday.

Engineer
    Happy to see the 12" getting a well deserved upgrade.

Finally bit the bullet and made this my first 3D printer. ordered on Saturday and it was already in the mail on Monday. Can't wait till I get back in town so I can start building.

does Lowes or Home Depot still cut glass?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal24 View Post
    Finally bit the bullet and made this my first 3D printer. ordered on Saturday and it was already in the mail on Monday. Can't wait till I get back in town so I can start building.

does Lowes or Home Depot still cut glass?
    Lowes did for me, Home Depot wasn't interested.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am assembling my 12" Pegasus currently and it seems to be 100x easier than the Prusa IV3.

the home depot over here doesn't cut glass on a side note i got my upgrade today and starting to put it together. So far everything is going smooth.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Around here Lowes is the place to get glass cut. The only real trick is to start from a fairly large sheet. That way you get a reasonable number of usable results. They do not do anything for the edges so the cuts are going to be sharp. Just about any hardened steel object can be used to take off the worst of it. If you want to go crazy there are fancier ways to do it.

Bob

If you have one around you, ACE Hardware is another place that cuts glass for cheap. I've been getting my 10" x 10" glass beds there for under $3.

I finally got the printer put all together to the point i could print the rumba board mount. there is a definite increase in quality going from the hexagon to the e3d hot end. Now my i3v was a pre 16 model so i did have to buy 4 extra t slot nuts and the 60cm ribbon cables. and make sure to print the appropriate parts that you will need before tearing your current printer down. i didn't and then i thought about it and just said screw it and bought them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast