Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I can do 0.3 on my flashforge and it looks great - but if I do it on the CTC.. same machine really.. it looks awful! (I get those big banding lines like the Davinci printer you know?) yet the CTC at 0.15 is amazing... it has a wonky Z stepper or threaded rod measurement ... or something...

I got to just sticking with 0.3 for times sake really, if im going to sand and paint it, meh.. im not fussy either

@Triplevvv It depends on the material you print in. eg. I can print in wood at 0.1mm and you cannot see the lines at all - as in completely invisible - but printing in 0.1 in ABS requires alot of heat in the chamber so it doesn't curl up, and if you print in PLA at 0.1 you need pretty awesome cooling fans, otherwise you will be printing at 0.2mm usually or 0.15-0.16 for the finest detail.

Some materials like natural PLA also has a really good ability to melt the lines as it prints, they are pretty much invisible.
hey geoff, i was looking at the ctc 4 in 1 any info you can give is it a good printer ?