Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It's ok for PLA, rubbish for ABS sadly, it really doesn't like a high heat bed.

I really just use the aluminum bed, kapton over that and blue tape over the kapton - not sure how PLA can't stick for you on blue tape...

ABS on kapton with a glue stick, or PLA on blue tape, glue stick...

I think I go through about 3-4 Bostick glue sticks a week, they are my life savers.
    Funny, I've had really bad luck with ABS before using this bed. This bed was one of the first that allowed me to do ABS right. The bed heated just fine, of course I used the "HT" version of the bed which is made for high heat needed for ABS.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargg View Post
    Funny, I've had really bad luck with ABS before using this bed. This bed was one of the first that allowed me to do ABS right. The bed heated just fine, of course I used the "HT" version of the bed which is made for high heat needed for ABS.
    I have not seen a HT version, so yeah that would make sense then. I think I prefer also the finish off kapton, that nice super shiny base on your model.. the buildtak or geckotape while a nice finish is more matte.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com