Close

New Apple Patent Hints At Revolutionary 3D Printer

Apple continues to feed rumors that it may be entering the 3D printing market before long. Today, a patent application, originally filed in 2014, was published regarding a multicolored 3D printer. The printer, if marketed, would be a new method for coloring print jobs during the printing process through a double print-head system. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/109000/apple-pate...ication-color/

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Interesting idea.., Not sure if that tech, will see the light of day from Apple though..

Nothing from Apple is revolutionary. Ever. Unless of they actually got adults to assemble it...

Seriously if they do release one they will most likely redefine the word 'proprietry' in the process. I expect it to be hugely expensive with minimal features, no adjustability, no upgradability and can only connect to a Mac...

We already have 3D Systems for that... (except the Mac part)

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Nothing from Apple is revolutionary. Ever. Unless of they actually got adults to assemble it...
    That's not true, they steal loads of good ideas from the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    That's not true, they steal loads of good ideas from the Internet.
    I was actually referencing their use of child labour...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I know acouple years back they were recruiting for materials experts - friend of mine got asked by apple to go to california for an interview. Stupid sod said no !
    Yeah I'm not an apple fan - but it would have given me somewhere to stay for holidays :-)
    And just a much better job than he's currently got.
    OH well, some people just can't be helped.

But let's face if apple did make a 3d printer.

It'd be the least innovative, most expensive, made from the cheapest components known to man, break a lot - BUT !
    It would glow in the dark and that's why people would buy it :-)
    And it would come in any colour you liked and print i any colour you liked - so long as it was white ;-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-04-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Martin Hajek is at it again, helping impatient Apple fans to imagine what the next product might look like. This time, as yet another patent has been filed by Apple for a 3D printer, Hajek creates a very likely looking prototype of his own in anticipation. Dubbed the ‘iPrinter,’ Hajek’s 3D rendering of what we might be able to look forward to is typically austere, boasting a clean simplicity not unlike that of a giant iPhone charger. The iPrinter is typically compact and offers a build plate with a small tower hovering over it, featuring a small command station and menu on top. Check out more details at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/110032/apple-3d-printer-concept/

But what does it do? Specs? Price?

Look isn't really appealing, but that's subjective. Looks like a rip-off Ultimaker...

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    But what does it do? Specs? Price?

Is that relevant for Apple sheep?

I shall try to answer your questions

1) Less than the one you have now.
    2) Lower than the one you have now.
    3) Ten times higher than the last one you bought.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks like they might have bought the pirate printer :-)