Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
yes it prints on materials that are 3d and not completely flat. so when we hear 3d printer we are thinking about something entirely different but they are not wrong with the wording either. what no one has mentioned here is that this is another bre pettis and jenny lawton project. both are the absolute kings of smoke and mirrors, marketing hype and delivering products that dont work just to suck the consumer's money. i think they try to keep that hush hush because if everyone knew no one would trust this company. dont get me wrong, i think this thing is cool and i hope it all works out but they are supposed to ship these things in 3mos and they have nothing that really works. another concern for me is that you have a bunch of people with a very dangerous item sitting on their desk. people are going to get hurt or hurt other people with this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/3msa1a/glowforge_3d_laser_printer_reviewish_xpost_from/
Pettis is just an investor, Glowforge was a company and had a prototype long before he was involved.