Close

Page 265 of 341 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 4110

Hybrid View

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I am looking for a dual setup to try a dual extrusion print.
    I've used this one with dual extrusion prints in PLA.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1542849

I am trying to decide between the two right now. I am going to print one of them in a little while I just have not decided which.
    The first one looks interesting and like it not only works well but gives you a better view of your prints if you use a corner cam like I do.

The second though where both sit behind the nozzles seems like it would be great as well.

As for removing support material. Use leaky supports and you can use one of those small straw brushes to clean most of them out it looks like.

Ok, so I printed this duct last night. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1597507

Looks ok sitting on the bed! Later I will see how it really came out. Only thing I am worried about is getting all of the support material out of it! Hopefully it will be easier than I am thinking.

Has anyone tried this one http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716089 Single, uses existing blower, improved ductwork for left blower.

or the original it was designed from? They claim prints come out much better.

I am looking for a dual setup to try a dual extrusion print.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I am trying to decide between the two right now. I am going to print one of them in a little while I just have not decided which.
    The first one looks interesting and like it not only works well but gives you a better view of your prints if you use a corner cam like I do.

The second though where both sit behind the nozzles seems like it would be great as well.

As for removing support material. Use leaky supports and you can use one of those small straw brushes to clean most of them out it looks like.

Found that removing supports is all but impossible. Not sure if I am going to bother a long reprint with limited supports.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Found that removing supports is all but impossible. Not sure if I am going to bother a long reprint with limited supports.
    I have really good experience with removing supports in complex areas so far. I will be sharing a couple items I designed which included a pipe system and a water wheel which had interior support that took me 4 hours to clean up the two pieces. They came out great but I needed to use a lot of care in removing the support material. My support is completely solid lines of support which can be removed like an accordion when I get lucky.

Printing now, any tips on getting supports out?
    I would recommend placing manual supports if the auto-generated looks overkill, you won't need too many on the inside and that looks like a really easy part to clean out with a solid pair of needle-nose pliers.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    If using S3d then using a very low percentage support at 2 different angles, like 45 and -45, then a 50-60% 3 layer Dense support helps with removal. On inside structures like that use at least 1 upper and lower separation layer, maybe 2. The low percentage supports should break out easily, then you can peel the dense supports off.

Super Moderator
    Both cooler prints are worthless. The supports needed to print it half way decent so it doesn't collapse on its self are impossible to remove. What a waste of time.

Engineer-in-Training
    Both cooler prints are worthless. The supports needed to print it half way decent so it doesn't collapse on its self are impossible to remove. What a waste of time.
    Sounds like you don't have the right tools bud.
    Go to your local hobby shop, most sell little toolkits designed for things like building ships in bottles and other such tedious tasks. Typically its some specialty tweezers and some picks, both of varied shape and design.
    They help ALOT for pulling support material is hard to get to spots.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Sounds like you don't have the right tools bud.
    Go to your local hobby shop, most sell little toolkits designed for things like building ships in bottles and other such tedious tasks. Typically its some specialty tweezers and some picks, both of varied shape and design.
    They help ALOT for pulling support material is hard to get to spots.
    Lol, at first I thought you were telling him to go find a new ship building hobby.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Lol, at first I thought you were telling him to go find a new ship building hobby.
    Oh hell no!

I wouldn't even wish that kinda torture on my worst of enemy's!!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post

Hey!! Don't laugh! Here is a 60 year old sub model I am restoring after it was damaged by UPS.

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 265 of 341 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast