Close

Page 185 of 411 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    Okay just ordered those parts.

Do you know where I can get a replacement stepper motor driver? I don't think I have an extra one.

Will there be any compatibility issues if I swap stepper motor drivers completely? Looking at the DRV8825.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Will there be any compatibility issues if I swap stepper motor drivers completely? Looking at the DRV8825.
    It should be a common stepper driver. Don't really know if the DRV8825 will work or not.

Engineer-in-Training
    Okay just ordered those parts.

Do you know where I can get a replacement stepper motor driver? I don't think I have an extra one.
    These machines have 6 month warranty ya know.
    If driver is blown and you got no extras (it happens, I didnt get extra drivers lol) contact Qidi support and they will send ya some. However you will wait a bit for it on a part like that...they only seem willing to rush critical components.

I read online where someone did go to a stepstick on their mightyboard. They had to cut one pin and you lose G130 for that stepper as it has to be manually set like we do on the Ramps setup. Do a Google search because it was a how-to with excellent pictures and diagrams. Not hard at all but if you think you want the 8825 for the 32 microstepping you will have to find a way for that somehow.

BTW, I looked at that programmer but dang if I know how it is used and I have seen that mentioned a bunch of the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I read online where someone did go to a stepstick on their mightyboard. They had to cut one pin and you lose G130 for that stepper as it has to be manually set like we do on the Ramps setup. Do a Google search because it was a how-to with excellent pictures and diagrams. Not hard at all but if you think you want the 8825 for the 32 microstepping you will have to find a way for that somehow.

BTW, I looked at that programmer but dang if I know how it is used and I have seen that mentioned a bunch of the interwebs.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered a set of 8825 to test. I figure a set is the price of beer so I just stayed in tonight to do some work on this. I'll of course update you all on the results.

So is the stock driver a A4988 and a direct fit? I have a critical job that has to go out ASAP so I am not able to wait for china.

Engineer-in-Training
    There a better place to get stock-a-like brass nozzles and PTFE tubes than Qidi?

Their prices are ok on that stuff, just don't want to wait so long for that little stuff.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    There a better place to get stock-a-like brass nozzles and PTFE tubes than Qidi?

Their prices are ok on that stuff, just don't want to wait so long for that little stuff.

Depends where you are. I'm in the UK and I like 3dfilaprint.com only £2.50 for the brass nozzles there and great customer service. Or at least so I've found so far, I love the print bite they sell, replaced my borosilicate with it and never looked back.

Having said that, you can find them a damn sight cheaper on eBay.
    Last edited by Stwert; 06-12-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Depends where you are. I'm in the UK and I like 3dfilaprint.com only £2.50 for the brass nozzles there and great customer service. Or at least so I've found so far, I love the print bite they sell, replaced my borosilicate with it and never looked back.

Having said that, you can find them a damn sight cheaper on eBay.
    In the US...
    I'm sure ordering from UK would be same story as from Chin.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    In the US...
    I'm sure ordering from UK would be same story as from Chin.

Pfffff, with the way things (ahem) work in this country it'd probably be worse than ordering from China

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Pfffff, with the way things (ahem) work in this country it'd probably be worse than ordering from China
    Yep, I have a friend over there and what was once great mail service (he lives in Hull) with 3, or 4, deliveries per day it is now whenever and can take a week just to go next door.

Page 185 of 411 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast