Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
So get this...

Awhile back I got some material from MakerGeeks, it included a spool of ABS called 'It's a Beaut' Brown'...a very wonderful chocolate shade of brown. I have since used the entire spool..but during its use I came across 2 sections with some discoloration. These were small runs, each about 4 meters or so (totaling maybe 10grams all together) that were a much lighter shade of brown.

I didn't care to much, I was printing prototypes during both segments of discoloration, so no big deal ya.
However I did take pictures and contacted MakerGeeks. This was done more to call it to their attention, and make sure it was a manufacturing mistake and not something I did to damage the material. I explained I was still more than happy with the purchase, and just wanting them to be aware of it.

They have INSISTED on sending me a full spool of material to replace the brown. Not only that but gave me choice of color.

If you live in the US and your not getting your material from MakerGeeks you may wanna give them a second look.
Interesting enough my latest print has the same problem that you described. The plastic is from Orb Polymer and it is their Snow Leopard PLA. Before now the spool has been a nice white color but near the end of my last 15 hour print the white has turned to a light pink. I have contacted them and am waiting for a response. We will see how they respond and if their service is as good as MakerGeeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
I can get about the same in-print viscosity out of MakerGeeks ABS as I was out of the PLA that came with the machine.
My second fav so far is Orb Polymer. Its a little more expensive than MG, but the material is almost as good and they have some cool colors.
I have been really happy with Orb Polymer and for me it prints really well. I haven't tried MakerGeeks plastic yet, not sure why you say Orb is more expensive as I see on the MakerGeeks website that the spools are $24.55 and at Orb they are $19.47... if you buy 3 then you get free shipping in the US.