Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Really it is best to remove the left stepper and extruder right off the bat. I generally print at 80mm/s with one extruder and travel at 120mm/s or so. Even 1 extruder sags a little, but doesn't seem to affect final product much. For critical parts print on the far right or far left of the print bed, that is where the gantry has the most support to avoid ringing.
    Which is precisely what I do with a printer is parts. Hmmm, so, how hard would it be to replace these 8mm rods with 10mm? I am unsure what it uses to hold them in so I do not know how hard the change over would be (I am getting a sinking feeling it would be a nightmare due to the bearing holders and everything made for 8mm). I am not as much worried about Z right now (I will be just not yet) as I am X, and to some degree Y.

I just saw a review done today on the latest Craftbot Plus and that sucker uses 12mm smooth rods for Z. Way overkill he said but I disagree for the stuff I like to do. Now that printer could easily do dual extruders without blinking if the other rods were 12mm but I think they are 8m or 10mm.
    edit:
    The XY smoothed rods are all 8mm.
    The Z smoothed rods are both 12mm

Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-16-2016 at 07:33 PM.