Close

Page 209 of 411 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 4110
    Engineer
    Everything has been going well and I came home to this mess on the build plate. The print was supposed to be three spool adapters. I think the extruder mostly stopped extruding. (Just mostly dead...) Any suggestions on what might cause this?

Here's another view after I removed them from the printer.

I have re-started the same print (from the file that's still on the SD) and it is almost done with no problems at all.

Technician
    People print with ridiculous infills, as well. I'm getting by with 10% on my prints. Even dropped a complex PLA piece yesterday with no damage.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    People print with ridiculous infills, as well. I'm getting by with 10% on my prints. Even dropped a complex PLA piece yesterday with no damage.
    Couldn't agree more.

I use 8%-12% infill more than anything else. I do use ABS mostly so that helps a bit. 12% with 3 top, bottom, and perimeters in ABS and you will have a solid durable print...most things will be on par with their injection-molded counterparts in terms of durability.

My IronMan helmet is done at 10%infill and 3 shells, put together with superglue. Have dropped it several times, kicked it a bit once. Only thing that happened was one of the glued spots popped off, a quick re-glue and its gtg.

@DaveB:
    When was last time ya cleaned the PTFE tube and the feed gear you print those with.
    Good looking on the link...had not seen that yet. It certainly is helpful, Still dont have a good source for the legs. That other full suit I found turns out was made as statue, not a wearable suit. Had some solid bits....knees, shoulders, I just didn't feel like doing that much work.
    I have been piggybacking off this guys work, as he is WAY ahead of me....and kickin ass at that
    http://www.thingiverse.com/DaDave/designs

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    @DaveB:
    When was last time ya cleaned the PTFE tube and the feed gear you print those with.
    Last disassembled and cleaned that extruder about 4 days ago. So after removing the failed print from the build plate, I used the front panel to "load filament left". I had not changed the filament or done anything with it, just executed the load function. And out comes a nice thick extrusion just like you would hope. Everything looks right so I restart the same print from the SD card. And everything is printed just perfect... What the heck?

Engineer-in-Training
    Ghost in the shell man.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Last disassembled and cleaned that extruder about 4 days ago. So after removing the failed print from the build plate, I used the front panel to "load filament left". I had not changed the filament or done anything with it, just executed the load function. And out comes a nice thick extrusion just like you would hope. Everything looks right so I restart the same print from the SD card. And everything is printed just perfect... What the heck?
    This is why I would love to have a camera on while mine prints because I swear as long as I watch it the thing works but go to sleep and the evil Gnomes come out and wreck havoc. At least with a time lapse camera you can sort of see when it happened and very possibly why it happened.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    This is why I would love to have a camera on while mine prints because I swear as long as I watch it the thing works but go to sleep and the evil Gnomes come out and wreck havoc. At least with a time lapse camera you can sort of see when it happened and very possibly why it happened.
    I think you are right. A camera could answer some questions. So, one on the build plate, make that two for multiple angles, one on the filament reel... I hear a Raspberry Pi or four tuning up in the wings.

I think you are right. A camera could answer some questions. So, one on the build plate, make that two for multiple angles, one on the filament reel... I hear a Raspberry Pi or four tuning up in the wings.
    LOL. I am not sure what the YT guys are using but that would be the ticket. Take 1 frame every 5 to 10 secs and it would surely catch something unless the evil Gnomes decide they want to mess with your camera(s) too.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    LOL. I am not sure what the YT guys are using but that would be the ticket. Take 1 frame every 5 to 10 secs and it would surely catch something unless the evil Gnomes decide they want to mess with your camera(s) too.
    Funny thing is I've got a wifi camera on it, but there's no way I've found to make it do time lapse. It's also enormous, does pan/tilit and sits on a custom bracket I made for it outside the left window. I re-tasked it from watching the driveway. Need some small, fixed-view cameras I guess.

Funny thing is I've got a wifi camera on it, but there's no way I've found to make it do time lapse. It's also enormous, does pan/tilit and sits on a custom bracket I made for it outside the left window. I re-tasked it from watching the driveway. Need some small, fixed-view cameras I guess.
    One of the guys I used to sub to was using a Go-Pro Hero I think he said and he showed how he set it up in one of his vids. I have ceased to sub to all but one of the newer 3d printing guys over integrity issues so this would have been around 5, or 6 months ago when the video was released.

Page 209 of 411 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast