Close

3D Printing Used to Design Lolly Pops

3D printing allows for incredible levels of customization, and a new idea from San Francisco-based Stuffhub seems pretty sweet. They had the idea to create a customizable lollipop as part of a Valentine's Day promotion, using 3D printed molds made from food-grade silicone. Stuffhub takes a design or logo from a customer and creates a mold on their Stratasys uPrint SE 3D printer. That mold goes to local candy shop Papabubble to be filled with candy, and then the finished lollipops are sent out to customers. Rather make your own? The STL files are available for free download on Thingiverse. Find out more in the full article: http://3dprint.com/45902/3d-printed-lollipops/

Below is a photo of the customized sweets:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the trick will be to find something that can handle the heat of molten sugar.
    I've got plenty of flexible filaments - but no idea if they'll be able to handle molten sugar without melting.

Might give it a try :-)

The hyrel could do this in silicon :-)
    And davos really isn't paying me lol, I just love the design and versatility of the machine.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We have emulsifiable extruders that will go up to 100C in aluminum, or 150C in stainless.