Close

Student

MakerFarm New Basic Kit Inquiry / Anyone have any information on this new model?

http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/12-pegasus-kit.html/

Hey there Makers!

Just curious if anyone can help me out I am looking for information on convincing myself whether or not to go with the new printer and should I upgrade when the extruder options and other add ons for upgrades become available? At $280.00 the upgrades don't seem all that worth it to me, maybe one of you more experienced individuals can help me understand or if there is a more cost effective route I should take?

I am not exactly new to 3d printing, I have been a hobbyist my entire life and have experience with 3d modeling and CAD, just now am interested in purchasing my first printer and I would like to get my money's worth of course. I see so many forums talking about custom features that makers have created at home using the same printer to printer advanced parts to better serve their printing needs.

Does anyone have a list of stl or CAD files and instructions, or possibly a quick cut walkthrough I can get my hands on to dive head first in and use to better determine if MakerFarm is right for my needs?

Last question, I am printing parts for car interiors for myself and a few others - cup holders, tablet attachments, custom console components etc. I am interested in PLA or ABS for prototypes but would like to know if anyone has gotten any other materials to work with their MakerFarm, or if not, what would be a good printer to go with?

I like the MakerFarm for the relatively large print space in light of how small other printers in the same price range actually are - in my defense I am planning on printing very large components that will then be snapped together or glued together post print. Having the 12x12 space really keeps me satisfied as a designer. Anyone know of another powerful printer with a large print space at a low enough price range as a first printer option?

Thank you so much everyone and hopefully these questions have all been answered and a wise member can simply share the URL.

-Elky

Student
    I am interested in anyone's opinion!

It would be great to hear what people who use printers often enough and experience the good and bad based on price value - I value your feedback.

Makerfarm vs ?

I am looking for Large build format at an affordable price, preferably something that can use multiple materials.

Thanks!

Technologist
    You'll get the most responses if you post here - http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...akerFarm-Forum

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Makerfarm has been around for a "long time" in terms of 3D printer outfits. What ever he's doing, it works for keeping him in business. Buying a printer today and finding out 6 months from now that the supplier is no longer in existence .... no fun at all. Like it or not, what ever printer you buy today will be looking a bit "limited" in a few years. One of the nice things he does is to provide upgrade kits that will pretty much take any of the old(er) printers right up to the newest and bestest.

Bob