Quote Originally Posted by Martin_au View Post
The sapphire plus may include independent z drivers and dual endstops (though that is version dependant). That should make tramming the bed very simple using either g34 and the bltouch, or the endstops.

However, I’ve seen some comments that the firmware it comes with doesn’t work properly with dual endstops. Looks like there’s quite a few people making marlin builds to resolve this.
Hi, back again. Took a few days off for Father's Day.

Yes, the Sapphire Plus has 2 Z-axis motors, and if by "dual endstops", you mean 2 z-axis limit switches, yes, it's got that. But, if you use the 3D Touch that is provided, it plugs into one of the z-axis limit switch spots on the motherboard, and so you can't use both.

I had to make a cable for the 3D Touch because the one provided had the wrong connectors and wasn't long enough. That's done.

There's a Youtube video I'm following right now for the installation and they also said that the setting in the firmware were incorrect. They have a whole 2nd video and converting to Marlin. They also said that some problems went away once Marlin was up and running.

Ron