Quote Originally Posted by Trakyan View Post
While i know you said you didnt want people saying stuff like the above, he has a point. Cnc machines and 3d printers have totally different needs and opposing design philosophies. For a 3d printer you usually want fairly quick speeds, this means a light as possible gantry that only needs to resist forces from accelerations. Cnc cutters on the other hand want a rock solid (read:heavy) gantry that can resist cutting forces. The speed of your motion system is not a limiting factor.

At best you get a printer that doubles as a light duty mill that will do wood and maybe aluminium if you go super slow. Or a cnc that doubles as a slow printer. Dont get me wrong, id love a good two in one machine, but it wont be the best of both worlds.

If i were to make thr machine, i'd go for a replicator, ultimaker, corexy or other similar 'cube' form factor. Steer clear of prusa style gantries as the cutting forces when cutting in the y direction will do horrors to the vertical part of the frame with the torques they'll exert on it. Build it out of aluminium as a compromise between weight and rigidity, and use nema 23 where possible. And don't cantilever the bed.

Be sure that I didn't wanted to make something like prusa. I don't like the their performance even at 3D printing mostly because that bed...... But I think that I'll go for laser engraving ( it was something like a backup option. until now) as you said

Thanks for reply