Close

Hybrid View

Ok, took some time checking out printers, softwares etc.... i decided not going the resin/dlp route for the time being.

Instead i am focusing on the Prusa i3 Mk3 and the CR-10S.

I am leaning towards the Mk3 despite being 30% to 40% more expensive than the CR10S (in kit form). It looks more linux-friendly and more refined (Slic3r PE and PrusaControl do look VERY nice instead of trying to figure out/refine profiles in Cura for the CR-10S). Am i right in thinking that it will provide better quality prints and being more reliable down the road?

As a reminder, i plan to be printing in HIPS almost exclusively, and i am a bit worried if the CR-10S will be able to match the Prusa. I read that the 12V heat-bed and the hot-end/extruder on the CR-10s do make it less easy to print ABS/HIPS.

Looking forward to your feedback

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 3d_Rail View Post
    As a reminder, i plan to be printing in HIPS almost exclusively, and i am a bit worried if the CR-10S will be able to match the Prusa. I read that the 12V heat-bed and the hot-end/extruder on the CR-10s do make it less easy to print ABS/HIPS.
    Looking forward to your feedback
    FYI: For about $70 you can upgrade a creality to a 120v heated bed. I have the Creality S4 (16" bed) and it heats to 110c in about 2 minutes.